Pages

About Me

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Play by Play

My brain seems to be incapable of a certain type of self-pity. I can feel sorry for myself at times, yes, but it never lasts more than three seconds before I talk myself out of it. I don't know where this came from or why it's here, but it's not the worst thing, I guess.

My cat is a ninja. She's worn a jingle bell for all twelve years of her life and one night Sean and I just decided to take it off. Talk about freaky! I always subconsciously knew where she was in the apartment and now she just materializes from thin air. I've never known how stealthy she is until now and I'm pretty sure she very much enjoys scaring the pants off me multiple times a day. What can I say, I like to live on the edge a little. :P

I haven't been posting here much because I just can't seem to get into the whole blogger world. I'll do fine for a while and then just get sick and tired of the whole thing. I don't like being told I need to "market" myself by doing blog hops, pinterest, linky parties, and whatever. I'm too busy doing stuff, creating things, and seeing people to try and make blogging a full-time job. I'm also a little tired of pinterest. I actually had a friend who thought of something all on her own (people still do that??) and was super proud of it until she saw that I had made something similar (also thought of it on my own). Then she was like"...oh...I've seen things like this on Pinterest before, I guess I didn't think of it on my own." Ugh. Pinterest is great and all, but sometimes it leaves no room for thinking of anything yourself! I told her that she was being ridiculous, people have been hanging things for centuries (we had both made a shell wind chime thing) and not to let Pinterest steal her thunder.

I finally figured out how to brew Kombucha...but I haven't adjusted to the taste yet. I'm convinced now that the stuff I buy in the store is like 1/4th kombucha and 3/4 fruit juice. That stuff tastes awesome and mine is just odd. Still working on a balance. I was trying to figure out how to make it fizzy, which I figured out, but it also makes it more bitter. Right now, I've mixed it with fruit juice and I'm letting it ferment again.

End of random post.


No comments:

Post a Comment