This was my finished product!
And here's how I did it:
1. Start with an aluminum foil base, to help support the body.
2. Roll out enough clay to wrap around it and
wrap around the foil body, smoothing as you go.
3. For the top, make a circle slightly bigger than the top of the body.
4. And another circle slightly smaller than that.
5. Smooth them together and make a little indent in the top (where you would drink from)
6. Mold onto the body, smoothing as you go.
7. Stick a little wire loop (I used a piece of a paperclip) in the unbaked clay.
8. Bake, cool and then paint away!
My modeling clay said to bake at 275* for 15 minutes per 1/4 inch.
These cups took about 10 minutes to be finished.
You can obviously paint however you wish, be it Starbucks' red cups, Peet's cups,
or some obscure little coffee shop that we've probably never heard of. ;)