Pages

About Me

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins (Gluten, Egg, Dairy, Sugar-Free)




I found a particular gluten-free blueberry muffin recipe a while back from a beautiful Canadian blog called Pocketfuls (another example of Canada's awesomeness!) that I make all the time. The blueberry recipe is absolutely excellent, but it doesn't quite satisfy when I'm craving double chocolate chip muffins, so using Lisa's recipe as a base, I created one that would work for my chocolatey desires.

Here is my adaptation! They're creamy, moist, and richly delicious even though they don't have dairy, eggs, sugar, or gluten!

Dry Ingredients:
1/2 cup Millet flour
1/2 cup Sorghum flour
1/2 cup Tapioca starch
1/2 Oat flour (I grind up oatmeal)
1/4 cup plus 1/8 cup cocoa powder (I know it's a weird measurement, but it's perfect.)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt

Wet Ingredients
2 mashed bananas
3/4 cup canned coconut milk
3/4 cup grapeseed oil
4 TBLS honey
1 TBLS Applesauce
1 tsp Vanilla
A handful of my Handmade Honey Chocolate Chips

1. Make chocolate chips ahead of time to give them time to set.
2. Mix together all wet ingredients and add into mixed dry ingredients.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour into a non stick muffin pan and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, but check at 20 minutes.
5. Enjoy!

Thank you Lisa from Pocketfuls for your beautiful blog and inspiration!

1/25/13: I randomly decided to add raspberry jam in the middles of the next batch I made. De. lic. ious.


Fill up half of the muffin cup, put a blob of jam in the middle, and then scoop more batter on top. 
(Pardon cruddy cell phone pictures.)


Oozy, yummy, gooey raspberry. :)



4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rachel, for the really lovely compliments! These chocolate muffins look so yummy -- I'm going to have to try them soon. I absolutely love your homemade chocolate chips idea!

    You have a beautiful blog here. Your posts are very warm and heartfelt, and your ideas for DIY projects are so creative and fun. I see, too, that you have great taste in hairstyles. ;) Aren't pixie cuts the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the recipe, looks very tasty!

    ReplyDelete