Pages

About Me

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Legacy of a Rancher.


This last weekend, Sean and I drove to Western Montana for his Grandpa's funeral. I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to be with his family, it was a beautiful time of sadness mixed with laughter and memories. I'm far more comfortable with pictures than words, so hopefully these will express beauty of a home and family sculpted by an incredible man. My husband wouldn't be half the man that he is had he not spent summers working with his grandpa and grandma on their ranch in Ronan...the KDBAR is a living expression of hard work, integrity, family and dedication. 



My favorite bend in the river on the way to the ranch.


Loading hay.



One of my favorites...How many men does it take to put oil in a tractor?
I have no doubt that his Grandpa would have had something to say about this. ;)









(Photo by Sean)
Uncle Wade is flipping the camera off, oh-so-discreetly.

Spending time with family after the funeral.  
(Photo by Sean)

Sean's beautiful grandma and mom (my mother-in-law)


The ranch life is tough for kitties. 

Deer are a nuisance to the fields, but pretty to me. :) 
(Photo by Sean.)


The whole deal from the road.




Dan and Kathy's beautiful home. 


Sean and I went on a 4 mile ride around the neighboring ranches the night before we left.






These are my favorites from the weekend. Something about a now quiet shop in the evening light and the legacy of a hard-working man. 




I am blessed to be a part of this family and to have had the opportunity to get to know the man from whom my husband got the mischievous twinkle in his eye. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment