Pages

About Me

Monday, October 15, 2012

Burlap and Jute Note Board

Ever since Sean moved into his apartment last December, I have been wracking my brain for something to put on the wall in the dining room. It's blank, white wall stared at me day after day with a cold and taunting look, but practically the moment we got home from our honeymoon, I knew exactly how to vanquish it! It normally takes me a few days (or months) to figure out how I want to work a project, but never have I been inspired to make something so quickly and had all the materials at my fingertips. It was awesome! Our living room was full of our wedding decorations...which included burlap, jute, and clothespins. Bingo! I've also had an old canvas that I grabbed for free on Craigslist and never knew what to do with.




I tacked some twine around the back and then spray painted some clothespins with our leftover wedding color spray paint.


I originally intended to use it for notes and such, like a bulletin board, but I never ended up hanging anything on it because I'm an OCD spaz about balance and symmetry.


After it hanging exactly like this for a month...
(Aren't those dahlia's gorgeous?)


I decided to turn it into a photo display board.
My husband and I took our film SLRs out the other night and had fun taking pictures of fall...turns out it was the last sunny day we'll see for a while. Not that I mind, rain makes my heart happy. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment