Pages

About Me

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Skirt to Apron!

I have a skirt that I bought a few years ago, but it never fit quite right. I loved the bright fabric though, so I've been hanging onto it hoping that I could make something of it...someday. Well, that day finally came! I was making muffins yesterday and noticing the flour all over my shirt, I realized that I finally needed to have an apron...so I made one! It was pretty simple, not too much cutting or sewing to be done.

This is the skirt I started with.


It had an underside, that I cut off to use for the bib of the apron.


Like so! I folded it until it made the right size for the bib. 


I cut the skirt exactly in half, stopping at the elastic waistband.


I cut the other half of the skirt off right under the waistband and then cut the waist band in half.


I then held the bib section up and measured from the top of my tank top to just where the apron waistline reached (higher than a normal skirt). 

Then I pinned it in place and sewed it straight across. 


I used the drawstring from the skirt to make the halter, which turned into regular straps because the bib stuck out too much and didn't actually cover my shirt. :P

I also put a button on one end of the cut waistband and a loop on the other. 



Then I made a little flower and sewed it to the top. :)


I think it turned out pretty cute. :)


-Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment