Pages

About Me

Monday, October 15, 2012

Wedding Pixie Cut Hair and Fascinator


I had such a hard time finding photos of pixie cut hairdos so I hope these can help someone out there! We got our wedding photos back last week and I couldn't be happier with them! Here are a few pics focusing on my hairpiece and hairdo from our wedding day. :) The veil cost me about 5 dollars to make and was really easy. I bought the flower pin at Michaels and the netting for $2.00 at Joann's.

I have really thick hair, so I decided to curl it a little bit and make a slight "faux updo" based on this video: Short Formal Updo

These photos are by Wes and Alisa Courtney of Funky Trunk Studios. They blew my mind with their photos and are two of the nicest and fun people you'll ever meet! If you live in the Seattle area and need a wedding, portrait, or family photographer, look them up!! They're incredible! (http://www.funkytrunkstudios.com)

These are a few of my "getting ready" shots.






That's my poppa. :) I did a first look with him. :)



We had so much fun on our wedding day. It was relaxing, beautiful, and a total blast. I think it's pretty obvious that I adore my husband! :)



Hope this helps! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm a bride and I've decided to keep my pixie cut for my wedding. The hardest part has been finding veil ideas that will work and you've definitely helped! You're gorgeous and the photos are amazing! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know..I debated growing it out, but decided that I could look however I wanted because it's my wedding! :) I'm sure you'll rock it and I'm glad I could help!

      I have a tutorial at my other blog if you're interested. It's ThePixieCutBride.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this! There are so few pictures of brides with pixie cuts. I've had my hair short for over 10 years so growing it out "for the wedding" is not even a consideration. Yours looks gorgeous and I just love the fascinator. I also wear glasses and am trying to decide if a small fascinator like yours would be too much with specs---again, NO pictures to be found of this combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wedding pictures. Best wishes and all the happiness to you and your husband I am looking for a pixie hair cut recently so all the pictures fr the web shown up including yours one. As i got long face too so i would like to see if this style suit me. You wear it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete