Pages

About Me

Monday, January 30, 2012

"Bass Guitar" Bleach Pen Shirt

I never in a million years thought that my boyfriend would want anything to do with my bleach pen creations. I really wanted to make him a shirt, but didn't want to ask him if I could. As soon as I sat down to make the pillowcases, he walked over and asked if I would make him one, too! Crazy. I guess he's just even cooler than I thought he was. (Not only that, but he wears it in public!) 


He found a photo of the bass he used to have and I drew this in chalk, based on the photo.



Then I slipped tin foil underneath and bleached away.


This one changed really quickly! This picture was taken about 10 minutes in and it was already turning orange. 


After I rinsed it in the shower. 


After I rinsed it and while it was still in the bathtub, I took some diluted bleach and splashed it to make the spots. It did bleed to the back, but that's kind of what I wanted to happen. 



This is another one that I made:


I forgot to take a picture when I was done before I gave it to someone, but you can kind of see the bleach splatters here. I used straight bleach and just threw it on the shirt so that it would splatter. I think it turned out really cool!


My next project will be to make one for myself...if I don't get distracted by something else. :)


Rachel 








No comments:

Post a Comment