Pages

About Me

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Seattle Snowpocalypse 2012


I know that people from the "snow hardy" states laugh at us Seattleits when we freak out over two inches of snow but hey now, we have ice! Hills! People who don't know how to put chains on! People who can't use roundabouts AND can't drive on ice!!!

That being said, I was disappointed when the "Snowpocalypse" they predicted brought a few inches of snow that melted off by noon. I like the drama of snow! Schools close, people stock up on nothing but bananas at the supermarket (I kid you not, I just wanted my dang bananas), the world shuts down temporarily at the mercy of the weather. I LOVE it. The weather was on my side this year because two mornings later I woke up to this.




Beauty...drama...ICE. Trees bowed down to the earth under the weight of their burden and snapped when it became too much, people lost power, and our parking lot turned into an ice rink. I'm not happy that people lost power (some people are still out even a week later!) but I did like having our friends stay over when they lost theirs. I'm not a person who finds happiness at other people's expense...I just love the drama of weather and how people can't do a darn thing about it. Speaking of, my car was completely encased in ice. It was like nothing I had ever seen before.



Here's my Coloradan boyfriend digging my car out. I helped..after I put the camera down. :)

The ice showed up better on our neighbor's car, so I snapped a picture. 


Crazy!


This is one of the many reasons why I love Seattle so very much. We get a week of drama and then everything goes back to normal. 

Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment